The process of a first digital solution
SeQRus had reached a point in their journey as a company where they needed to digitalise. They work with fire safety and security for businesses. Prior to this point they used pen and paper during monthly and annual services at their customers premises. During the project I was SeQRus closest contact and a helping hand to guide them through the process of getting their own new digital solution.
To begin with I needed to get a better insight in how SeQRus staff operated. Therefore I followed a few of them around on a normal day at work, collecting data with the help of an ethnographic study. The next step was starting to conceptualise an idea and then designing a first prototype. The prototype was shown to different roles at SeQRus to gather feedback and new data. This process was then iterated until we had a prototype that we believed in. During the whole project I had Daniel, a developer at Agical, as my sounding board. He was also the one going to build the whole system in the end. Together with Daniel I did a light version of a requirement specification, partly to get a clearer view of what the system would cost to develop and partly so that we knew which functions needed to be implemented.
In the end we delivered a three part system, an laptop optimised admin part, a customer web and an android application for the technicians out on the field. When the system was released I got the privilege of presenting and educating the employees on the new product. SeQRus have plans to further develop this system with new functions in the near future with us at Agical.